We finally have beautiful weather here (though more rain is due to start Tuesday), so I want to take advantage of the sunshine and go to a nearby nursery to get plants to replace some that died last winter. I didn’t have a chance to plant anything in the garden last spring or summer other than in pots by the front door, so I have some blank spots to fill in the garden.
Most of the hostas seem to have disappeared over the winter; they just didn’t come up this spring and I’m not sure what happened. Snails love them, but I usually see the new leaves and can ring them with some diatomaceous earth before they are eaten. At least the heuchera and geranium Biokovo are thriving and blooming in the shade area. In the sun area some of the lavender and penstomen need to be replaced. It’ll be nice to take an afternoon off and get out on such a nice day.
I’m still determining whether this press is going to work for the new bottles or whether I need to order a different machine. I’m also still deciding on the final label design; I have a couple possible options and several types of gold foil to choose between.
I’m trying a little more of an amber note in BB and liking it as a softener for the sandalwood base, and I’m trying a bit more tonka as well. I’m narrowing my choices down and zeroing in on something.
I’m sending packages out to the UK again now that planes have resumed flying there, and I’m hoping the transit time won’t be too much longer than normal.
I still plan to do 2 ml sample sprays, but I’m waiting for some samples of glass spray vials and I think they’ve been caught in the flight delays because they are taking a long time to get here. As soon as I get the samples to test, I can decide if these are what I want to use. They look great, but I never know until I try them out. Anyway, I do plan to add the 2 ml spray option, but it will be a bit longer while I source the spray vials. Hope those samples get here soon!